A New Year is always a good time to look back with thankfulness to God for His faithfulness. It’s also a time to look ahead with great anticipation as to how you can make an impact in the world around you for Christ. More than ever, 2014 can be your most impactful year yet!! The 6 ways listed below will be a challenge for me so pray for me and I will pray for you.
1. Act on impulse—When God brings something or someone to mind that He wants you follow-through on, don’t delay! Go ahead and make that call. Send that email or text. Stop by and visit. Stop procrastinating. Take care of it once and for all. Be obedient at the first whisper… You’d be surprised what an impact you could make!
2. Clear out the clutter—How can you spread your wings when your elbows hit the clutter every time you try? Clutter never allows you to fully have the impact for Christ you could have. It bogs you down. It keeps your feet muddied. Get rid of it and see what impact you could have!
3. Make that appointment with your doctor—You know, the ones you’ve been putting off last year? How can you make your best impact with looming unchecked health issues? Go ahead and make that appointment and watch your impact for Christ go from 1 to 10!!
4. Get your finances in order—Messed up financial health can strangle our creativity. We can’t even think straight because our money woes are always front and center. Christ and His purposes for our life need to take precedence but it can’t if we’re always tied up by our money troubles. Figure out how to get what you have in working order and watch God use you to impact your world for Him!
5. Get reacquainted with your family and friends—Life happens very quickly, doesn’t it? So much so that those closest to us often find themselves at the tail end of the receiving line. Make and take time to reconnect this year. Get in touch with a long-lost relative or friend. Make that long overdue apology if need be! Don’t let another year go by without making an impactful presence in the lives of those you love.
6. Change your plan—If you can never seem to follow through with the plans/goals/resolutions you’ve made, then change the way you’ve approached it. Seek wisdom from others who are successful at hearing the voice of God and mapping out goals. Renewing your mind is transformative (Romans 12:1-2) and allows you make the impact you desire.
Dear one, as you move through the New Year, I pray that you will allow God to help you lay aside the hindrances that so easily beset you (Hebrews 12:1) and run this race in such a way that you make an impact for Christ this year. Go ahead and get started!!
+What additional scripture(s) can you claim this year that will solidify your impact in this world for Christ in 2014?
Through The Looking Glass:
+Talk to God today about the impact He wants you to have for Him and His Kingdom.
+Write down what He’s telling you or ask a Christ Follower to help you discern what God may be saying to you.
+Get started on making an impact!